Chalet Chef, Courchevel
Europe SALARY: £1,957 - £1,957 TERM: Contract
I have just taken on a last minute role for a private chef for a high end chalet in Courchevel. This is a lovely role for a chef who loves skiing and being in the mountains!
If this is you, or you know of anyone who might be interested, please have a read through the job spec and get in touch!
You will be flying out with the tem on 28th November, working through to the end of April, so it is important you apply with interest asap.
Pay is £1957/month, but this role is not about the money - this will suit a chef wanting to gain further private experience and who loves being in the mountains and having the chance to ski each week, Client is offering a great package as outlined below.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND PACKAGE DETAILS
The main duties of the role are as outlined below. This is not an exhaustive statement of the duties required, employees may be required to assist by performing duties normally undertaken by others.
To provide exceptional daily meals, ensuring well-balanced food is served and our guests receive excellent levels of service at all times. Maintaining an efficient, clean, safe and cost-effective kitchen. Helping to manage a smooth and efficient operation in resort, exceptionally high standards are expected along with providing a comprehensive resort service to guests, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- A recognised qualification in professional cookery and/or a training background in professional kitchens (2AA rosette rated and above).
- Post training, a solid experience in restaurant kitchens, private households, super-yachts or luxury chalets.
- Previous summer / winter season experience with a luxury provider is preferable.
- UK or EU passport, or UK working visa
- British issued National Insurance Number
- UK registered bank account
- Full clean driving license
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Including but not limited to:
- Preparation and assistance with service of breakfast, afternoon tea and evening dinner. Meals should be fresh, creative, balanced and well presented, following the below format:
- Breakfast: Preparation of a continental buffet (7 days a week) and a hot cooked breakfast (5 days a week).
- Afternoon Tea: A homemade sweet or savory dish. (7 days a week).
- 5 Course evening dinner: Consisting of at least 2 variations of canapes, starter, main course, dessert and cheese board (5 days a week).
- Meals provided should be fine-dining quality, in accordance to Client's guidelines.
- Ordering of or shopping for all food items from nominated suppliers and checking that any goods delivered to the chalet are as ordered and correct in quantity.
- Ensuring maximum use of all food stocks and limiting wastage through stock takes and creative menu planning.
- Maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area, paying particular attention to health and hygiene standards.
- Management of the chalet kitchen to budgets set for food and cleanliness to HAACP requirements.
- Complete all financial and non-financial paperwork accurately and on time.
- Socialising with chalet guests, creating an ambience in the chalet where the guests feel welcome and relaxed at all times.
REPORTING AND MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE
- In-resort you will report directly to your Chalet Manager and Company Operations Manager
- You will also report to the UK based management team, including company Directors.
- Return travel to and from the UK, subject to completion of the season.
- Comprehensive work, accident and medical insurance. (Employees are responsible for their own claims and excess payments)
- Full area lift pass
- Seasonal ski or board equipment hire.
- Food is provided on working days
- Start and end date TBC. (Approximately 25th November 2019 - 25th April 2020 subject to bookings).
POSTED: 08 Nov 2019 JOB ID: RECH0041