London (City of) SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000 TERM: Contract
City of London
Fixed Term Contract
Warm and friendly culture, great working hours of 9:00-5:00 and a monthly pizza day!I am currently recruiting on behalf of a brilliant client of mine who offer cost-efficient solutions to a range of retail brands from the likes of, Jimmy Choo, LK Bennett and Radley, to the smaller independent boutique chains.
They are now seeking a Financial Controller to join the business and cover a fixed term contract of 9-12 months. This role will require you to be in charge and lead the finance function of the business, as well as being involved with other areas of the business.
A solid finance background is needed, along with a forward-thinking attitude. You must hold previous experience working as a financial controller to be considered for this role.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will be reporting directly into the Directors of the business and will be managing a small team who will be working very closely alongside you. You must ensure all day to day running of the financial management is going smoothly and to plan.
Each day will bring you a new challenge, so attention to detail and a great organised mentality, will enable you to meet the deadlines. This will be a great role for you to build and grow your current skill set, while enjoying coming to work every day.
On top of the financial aspect of the role, you will also be able to get involved with other areas of the business including HR and Office Management.
Typical duties include:
Financial Controller Duties:
- Manage all accounting operations
- Taking responsibility for the month-end and year-end close processes. You’ll ensure the accurate entry of all journals and final GL balances, including a review of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts for the business
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly management accounts for the board of directors, including variance analysis and commentary
- The production of accurate and detailed financial reports forecasting, analysis, management information and reconciliations
- Managing all aspects of payroll operations
- Responsible for the timely payments of PAYE/NIC and CIS to HMRC
- Responsible for petty cash, including journal entries into Sage and cashing cheques at the bank
- Credit control for over 50 clients
- Be the key contact for HM Revenue & Customs, this includes VAT and Duty issues (audits & ad hoc enquiries).
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Calculation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Oversee the submission of the monthly CIS return
- Working with our external accountants to produce annual statutory accounts and corporation tax calculations
- Sage and excel expertise are vital
- Must be able to work efficiently and calmly to tight deadlines
Office Management / HR soft duties:
- Managing annual leave, sickness and the upkeep of our online HR system
- Assisting with HR matters
- Welcoming visitors into the office
- Managing office supplies and stationery
- Renewing companywide insurances
- Preparation of offer letters, contracts and statutory documents for new starters
- Management of company amazon account and credit card
This role will pay up to £45k (DOE), other benefits include:
- Statutory pension
- Pizza Thursdays (once a month)
- 4:30 finish on the last Friday of each month
- 25 days holiday + birthday
- Hours 9:00-5:30
This a really interesting role where you’ll be surrounded by a supportive and friendly team. We are looking to shortlist this role asap, so apply today.
POSTED: 12 Aug 2019 JOB ID: ERWFINANCE2451