Office Manager – Wembley
London (City of) SALARY: £27,000 - £35,000 BONUS AND BENEFITS TERM: Permanent
Office Manager - WEMBLEY
Hours of Work: Mon-Thurs 7:45am-4:30pm, Fri 7:45am-3:30pm. Term-Time Only
Salary: Up to 35k pro rata, depending on experience (take home up to £29k)
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme ("LGPS"), London Borough of Brent
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to work for a successful free school that opened in September 2014 and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The ambition of our vibrant and energetic team is to transform the lives of all children, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds. We have 600 pupils from years 7 to 11 and 70 Year 12s in a new Sixth Form.
We are a high-functioning, fast-paced school office. We are looking for someone who takes multi-tasking to a different level; someone who is bright, highly organised, has attention to detail and deals well under pressure. You will be expected to lead and direct the members of the office team. You will be personable, assertive and proactive. You must be a driving force and a real leader.
- To support the Office Manager in the general running of the office, and direction of the office team
- To compile letters/documents as requested
- To provide general administrative support, including photocopying, other reprographics, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence, distributing information around the school
- Be responsible for the school inbox
- Update the Visitor Letter display book regularly
- Responsible for raising Purchase Orders and the processing of supplier invoices (you will be given full training on SAGE)
- Checking supplier invoices to Purchase Orders and goods received notes, ensuring appropriate authorisation and payment in accordance with agreed terms
- Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query
- Raising of Sales invoices
- Dealing with queries from suppliers (including statements), debtors, budget holders and other School staff
- Maintaining high standards when managing confidential information, complying with the school’s data protection procedures and legal requirements at all times.
- Chasing overdue orders, arranging returns and ensuring that refunds or credit notes are received
- Filing, archiving, photocopying, etc. Maintaining filing system of financial reports.
- Providing administrative support to the Finance Manager
- Setting up new pupils on Parent Pay
- Setting up new payment items e.g. school trips, revision guides, music lessons
- Creating the payment schedule in line with the school calendar
- Be responsible for all correspondence relating to payments
- Chase payments and report back to Senior Team and other relevant staff
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team
- Experience of working on own initiative
- Experience of the use of a wide range of computer software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, databases)
- Knowledge/experience of Education sector and/or schools
- 2. Special abilities / aptitudes
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of and to contribute to the school administrative team
- Interpersonal skills - dealing with parents, students, colleagues and outside agencies
- Ability to deal sensitively and in confidence with a wide range of issues relating to working practices
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage own workload, with strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work methodically, ensuring attention to detail
- 3. Other job specific requirements
- Commitment to the Authority’s Equal Opportunities Policy and acceptance of their responsibility for its practical application.
- 4. Education and Training
- Educated to degree level
If this appeals to you, please apply today!
POSTED: 08 Oct 2019 JOB ID: DUOMWEM19403