UK (regional) SALARY: £25,000 - £28,000 GREAT WORK/LIFE BALANCE TERM: Permanent
PA - WEMBLEY
Leading UK Free school!
(On Wembley tube stop)
Metropolitan & Jubilee Line
ALL SCHOOL HOLIDAYS OFF!
Hours of Work: Mon-Thurs 7:45am-4:30pm, Fri 7:45am-3:30pm (Term Time only – 43 weeks)
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme ("LGPS")
Salary: £28K (dependent on experience)
This is an exciting and successful free school that opened in September 2014 and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The ambition of my client’s vibrant and energetic team is to transform the lives of all children, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds. They currently have 600 pupils from years 7 to 11. In September 2019, they are opening a Sixth Form. They are a high-functioning, fast-paced school office in need of a highly capable, enthusiastic PA.
We are looking for a driving force and a real leader to be the right-hand person to the Operations Manager. You will be assertive, personable and be able to multi-task at a high level.
The Heads of Year (HoY) PA is more than ‘just’ a PA. You will of course be responsible for providing extensive administrative support and diary management to the Heads of Year, but this is just the beginning. You will be bright, efficient and inquisitive; a “seeker of information”, proactively gathering useful data with the goal of identifying key trends and patterns which will support the Heads of Year in the development of their pastoral strategies, as well as identifying HoY procedures that would benefit from strategic review.
Heads of Year PA
- To provide a high level of administrative support to the Heads of Year (HoYs). Relevant support will include but will not be limited to:
- Extensive diary management (of up to 9 diaries) - to proactively manage the diary arrangements for the HoYs
- Organising parent meetings and supervising the arrangements for all relevant meetings as requested, including room booking, preparation of materials and minute taking, in order to ensure their timeliness and smooth running
- Preparation of weekly presentations
- To be a driving force behind the analysis of pupil related data, thinking outside of the box to identify trends and patterns which will assist the HoYs in shaping and developing their pastoral strategies.
- To proactively manage the attendance monitoring procedure, reporting to the Office Manager and the relevant member of SLT with weekly updates. You will have a keen eye for detail, allowing you to identify and flag any attendance concerns with the relevant HoY
- To be responsible for the organisation of parent information evenings for each year group, liaising with the Office Manager to ensure the necessary preparations are actioned
- To manage the school email inbox and ensure all enquires are dealt with appropriately
- To work collaboratively as a member of the School Office team and support with the general day-to-day ad-hoc requirements of the wider school
- To assist with general parent enquiries both by email and telephone, ensuring that all telephone and email enquiries are dealt with efficiently and effectively in a way which promotes a positive image of the School
- To prepare letters and other written correspondence for the approval of the Office Manager and SLT
- You will line manage and work closely with the Behaviour Management Director to produce detailed reports across a wide remit
- Lead and direct the admin team alongside the Office Manager
- Be knowledgeable in all functions of the office and assist the team to ensure operational goals are met on a daily basis
- Be forward thinking and always be planning ahead
- Relevant PA experience, specifically, diary management
- Proven experience of line management
- Proven experience producing and analysing reports
- Experience of the use of a wide range of computer software (e.g.word processing, spreadsheets, Office 365) with particular proficiency in Excel
- Experience using MIS systems preferred, but not essential
Special abilities / aptitudes
- High level of professionalism
- Highly analytical and methodical in your approach
- Using initiative and being proactive are extremely important in this role
- Forward thinking – not waiting to be instructed or until it is too late
- High level of multi-tasking
- Taking ownership of tasks/projects and keeping the relevant people informed of progress
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of and to contribute to the school administrative team
- Interpersonal skills - dealing with parents, pupils, colleagues and outside agencies. These conversations can be difficult. The candidate should be tenacious and persistent
- Ability to deal sensitively and in confidence with a wide range of issues
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage own workload
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Ability to work methodically, ensuring attention to detail
Other job specific requirements
- Commitment to the Authority’s Equal Opportunities Policy and acceptance of their responsibility for its practice
This a fantastic role where you’ll be surrounded by a supportive, entrepreneurial and friendly team. We are looking to shortlist this role asap, so apply today.
POSTED: 03 Dec 2019 JOB ID: DUHOYPA18588