Receptionist – Wembley
London (Greater) SALARY: £20,000 - £25,000 Fantastic work/life balance TERM: Permanent
Wembley - (On Wembley tube stop)
Metropolitan & Jubilee Line
Permanent – Term time only
Reporting to: Office Manager and Headmistress
Hours of Work: Mon-Thurs 7:30am-4:30pm, Fri 7:30am-3:30pm. Term Time Only
Salary: Up to 26500k pro rata
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme ("LGPS"), London Borough of Brent
This is an exciting and successful free school that opened in September 2014 and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The ambition of my client’s vibrant and energetic team is to transform the lives of all children, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds. They currently have 600 pupils from years 7 to 11. In September 2019, they are opening a Sixth Form. We are a high-functioning, fast-paced school office.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and welcoming reception area
- To act as an initial point of contact for parents and visitors ensuring a welcome and informed arrival
- To ensure that all visitors to the site are properly signed in and issued with the appropriate pass and MCS letter
- Provide the main point of contact for incoming telephone calls
- Ensuring messages are passed along promptly and accurately
- Deal with parent queries and escalating to Office Manager/ Teaching Staff/SLT where appropriate
- Liaising with Office Manager to issue school communications when requested
- Work closely with the Office and SLT to support the basic administrative functions of the school
- Book meetings for staff members
- To deal with deliveries, post and internal mail
- Co-ordinate Pupil Stationery shop
- Helping to monitor student welfare in conjunction with the School
- To be main point of contact for student queries outside of the classroom.
- To be responsible for managing pupil registers on Arbor
- Ensuring Arbor registers are updated with absences, Lates and appointments/ approved absences
- Log Late Detentions on Reward
- Emailing ‘Planned Absence’ notifications to staff where appropriate.
- Following up unexplained absences by phone every morning
- Managing the signing in/out of students for appointments.
- Keeping accurate records in the appointment file.
- Following up with parents when no prior notice of an appointment was given.
- First Aid
- Liaise with First Aid Officer and staff for care of sick / injured students.
- Welfare Health & Safety
- Key role in Fire Evacuation Procedure.
- Print registers daily and keep in file
- Distribution of Fire Registers during evacuation
- Liaise with the maintenance team to ensure prompt reporting of faults / H&S incidents
- Relevant work experience
- Experience of working on own initiative
- Experience of the use of a wide range of computer software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, databases)
- Knowledge/experience of Education sector and/or schools
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of and to contribute to the school administrative team
- Interpersonal skills - dealing with parents, students, colleagues and outside agencies
- Ability to deal sensitively and in confidence with a wide range of issues relating to working practices
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage own workload
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Ability to work methodically, ensuring attention to detail
- Numeracy skills
- Commitment to the Authority’s Equal Opportunities Policy and acceptance of their responsibility for its practical application.
- Good General Standard of Education
This a fascinating role where you’ll be surrounded by a supportive, entrepreneurial and friendly team. We are looking to shortlist this role asap, so apply today.
POSTED: 10 Sep 2019 JOB ID: DUSCHOOLFOH18590