Team leader Housekeeping – private household
London (West End) SALARY: £45,000 - £45,000 TERM: Permanent
My clients who own an extremely large formal home in North London are looking for a Housekeeping Team Leader to support and report directly the House Manager to manage the Housekeeping team on a daily basis, ensuring the running of the property operation and ensuring the deliver the highest level of service to the Principals. You will be expected to be hands on and lead by example.
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Managing the day-today running of the property, delivering the highest standard of service to the Principals.
- Constantly review housekeeping standards, update the standards and house manual for staff to follow, detailing products used on different materials together with the associated risks.
- Circulate throughout all property areas and rooms to ensure all service standards and operational standards are met and are well maintained but never intrude the privacy of the Principals, their Family and Guests.
- Wardrobe management for Principals to ensure all choices and seasonal requirements are met and all packing and unpacking is undertaken.
- Care and maintenance of high end items such as clothes and jewelry.
- Must be able to work in all areas of laundry including washing, sorting, pressing, spot cleaning and have dry-cleaning awareness.
- To ensure correct linen is issued to Principals and guests, for functions and to staff areas.
- To manage and co-ordinate inventories including linens and consumables and have effective stock control and rotation.
- Financial management, and resource management plans to include events and private functions.
- Assist in managing and controlling staff rosters and time management.
- Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
- Liaison with other departments including Butlers, Maintenance, Kitchen and Gardening teams to ensure house performance is flawless.
- Deputise in the absence of the House Manager or as required.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the House management and Principals.
- Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Health & Safety
- To ensure that all work undertaken is done so in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant approved codes of practice and to include the training of the house teams and ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and documents kept updated.
- To comply with all Health & Safety regulation including fire safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors and Principals.
- To attend all training courses as and when required.
- Willing to learn new skills and enhance current knowledge.
- Ensure that all staff are performance managed and personal and professional development and continuation training.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- The Team Leader is expected to have worked at the highest level of service either within the hotel industry or private house for an UHNWI as a Housekeeper Supervisor or similar for at least 5 years.
- Good spoken and written English skills.
- Languages would be helpful.
- Excellent team building skills.
- IT literate to include Excel
- Total discretion is required by the Principals at all time.
- This is a demanding and high-pressure role supporting the running of a private estate at the highest level.
- A uniform will be provided.
- The role works 5 days a week on a rota basis.
- Starting salary is £45k going up to £50k after a satisfactory probationary period.
POSTED: 02 Dec 2019 JOB ID: LGTEAM20287