At Tiger, we believe that volunteering offers a fantastic opportunity to give back to the community while giving you a sense of purpose and helping someone in need. Through volunteering, individuals also acquire invaluable transferrable skills for the workplace. Whether it be signing up to a turtle conservation programme abroad or volunteering in your local
As it stands, 2019’s job market is full of uncertainty. With Brexit negotiations ongoing and the unemployment rate continuing to drop, knowing how to hire a personal assistant or other support staff can be confusing. In the latest episode of our podcast, Managing Director, Rebecca Siciliano, explains how companies can improve their chances of attracting and retaining talent.
- It’s essential to work with your marketing teams – look at the content you’ve got out there and make sure that it’s attracting the type of talent you’re after
- Capture feedback from your current talent on what attracted them to the brand and what they love about working for you
- Embrace tech – have you considered using video? Is your website mobile-optimised? Is the candidate journey optimised?
- Social media goes both ways – while you may be looking at candidate profiles, candidates are now looking at your company profiles to see what it’s like to work with you
- Candidate communication is key. Don’t forget to acknowledge applications – even if it’s an automated response
- Manage expectations – establish the interview process early and keep candidates engaged at every turn. Make sure they know what to expect
- Educate your hiring managers in terms of availability – it’s important to streamline hiring processes as candidates are moving quickly
- Candidates want flexibility – it’s going to be a norm, not a benefit
- If new to your business, introduce flexible working gradually and monitor the results
- Candidates are moving for a 8-10% salary increase. If an increase isn’t within your remit, could your benefits stand out to candidates instead?