At Tiger, we believe that everyone should love going into work every day. If you’re unhappy at work, (whether it be because of the workplace, management or the role itself), it may be time to consider looking for a something that you find fulfilling. This is a switch that many jobseekers are making, according to
A CV is the most important document you can produce in the hunt for a job, especially in the private support sector. It is a principal’s first impression of you and your experience, so has to be the very best representation of your skillset. However, with limited time to impress – research shows that a hirer will spend just 30 seconds reading your CV – there are plenty of things you can do to ensure it stays top of the pile.
There are some general rules that all CVs should follow, regardless of industry:
- A CV should be two pages, three if you have decades of experience
- It should be written in size 12 and have a clear and consistent font throughout
- The design should be clear, easy to follow and with no photo
- Use bullet points to describe your employment history as it is easier to scan through
- The format should be consistent, with the same design, font and layout throughout
- A CV should be modified to the role you’re applying for – for example, if you are applying for a housekeeper/cook role, emphasise your experience in these areas
- It should always be sent as a Microsoft Word document
It’s also worth remembering that in the family office and private household recruitment process, you may undergo an entire interview process with a PA or chief of staff before the principal gets involved. This makes your CV twice as important, as it can make or break your chances – after the interview process!
In order to help with your job hunt, we’ve mocked up a sample to show how a great private CV looks.
Looking for a role in a private household? Tiger Private can help. Get in touch today.